Mount Eliza North’s library is a multi-levelled information research facility which has both on-line resources and a comprehensive range of references, non-fiction and fiction resources.
The Library Program supports the International Baccalaureate Program as well as providing skills specific to research and using a Library. The Library is promoted as a place for learners and its purpose is to meet the learner’s needs.
This means the MENPS Library:
- provides access to information
- provides supportive resources for the curriculum
- encourages inquiry learning
- is a stimulating environment for teachers and teaching
- is a learning centre for learners
The library is open for borrowing Monday to Thursday before school and at lunchtime on Wednesdays. Spaces and soft furnishings provide an environment in which children can relax, enjoy reading and researching, and keep warm on cold winter mornings.
Other points to note:
- The annual Book Fair is held during Education Week each year and is a fundraiser for our library.
- The school library also houses books about child and family health and wellbeing issues which are available for parents to borrow.